Knee Arthroscopy Videos
You can watch all the video clips that Doctor Panya kindly gave me after my operation. (If they do not seem to play, you probably need to get the free DivX codec).
Firstly, these video clips are from a normal healthy knee.
Now, these are knee arthroscopy videos from my surgery. If you are a knee arthroscopy specialist and can throw more light on what each video shows, I would really like to hear from you.
- Video 1 (4.85MB) – initial view of the torn meniscus.
- Video 2 (4.85MB) – initial view of the torn meniscus, with a tool to poke around [not a technical term].
- Video 3 (3.87MB) – tyrannosaurus-like tool being used to cut out the torn meniscus.
- Video 4 (3.07MB) – ultrasound being used to smooth the surface that had been cut-through.
- Video 5 (3.40MB) – tool surveys the scene and is then used to rub-in what looks like gel.
- Video 6 (1.32MB) – Unusually, I had two tears, not one. This video shows the sewing together of the other torn meniscus. You can see the blue thread. (Sometimes a repair can be made, other times the meniscus is cut out. It seems I had one of each.)
- Video 7 (1.13MB) – this shows more torn meniscus.
- Video 8 (1.42MB) – I believe this is filmed after the tear was cut out.
- Video 9 (1.29MB) – shows damage to the knee cap. Apparently, this is also unusual.
- Video 10 – using ultrasound to smooth the damage to the knee cap (0.90MB)
If you're hooked, you can watch more arthroscopy videos online. WARNING, these are not for the squeamish: http://www.southflsportsmed.com/asuite2.asp