Video search company Blinkx has made it possible for anybody to make money from the videos they post on their website or blog.
Their clever technology (called AdHoc) analyses the content of a video and then displays relevant adverts for it. When someone clicks one of the adverts in the video, they share the revenue with you.
Here is an example:
Did you notice the advert above the video? It took less than 1 minute to set that up.
How to do it
- Find a video you want to share( go to YouTube, Google Video, Metacafe or a.n.other).
- Copy the embed code from that site.
- Paste the embed code into the form here: http://adhoc.blinkx.com/newvideo
- Enter a password and your PayPal email address.
- Blinkx analyses the video and outputs the embed code for your website/blog.
- Write your blog post / webpage as usual and paste in the Blinkx embed code.
- Someone watches the video on your site and clicks the (contextually relevant) advert. You earn money! Blinkx pays it into your PayPal account once you've earned $20.
The big downside is that an advert costs only $0.05 and Blinkx only pays you some of that (they don't declare how much, but I guess 50%). So it is going to take a loooong time before you can give up your day job. On the other side, 5 cents per click is amazing value if you are an advertiser, so get over to Blinkx and set-up a campaign to get some cheap traffic.
If you've used Blinkx AdHoc on your website, please leave a comment and tell us how much have you earned from it.