Today is Blog Action Day 2009 and this years' topic is Climate Change.
We all contribute to global warming through our daily activities, so here are 5 ways to reduce your impact:
- Shower faster – you will use less hot water. Heating water is one of the the most energy intensive activities in your home.
- Use EcoBalls – stop using washing detergent, start using these hi-tech ecoballs instead! We've used them for 3 months and they work well for us.
- Turn down your heating 2 degrees – you can save a massive amount of CO2 (and lots of money) by heating your house to a lower temperature.
- Turn off your computer – or at least, put it into standby. Obvious, but it is easy to fall into bad habits.
- Switch to Ecotricity – the UK's first 100% renewable energy company. Great customer service and they genuinely care about the environment. All their power comes from wind turbines.
Read my Blog Action Day 2008 post: Help nurture entrepreneurs in poor countries.
1 thought on “5 ways to reduce your global warming contribution”
Pingback: How much have you read about climate change? |